As we head towards the end of December and the (virtual) festivities continue, we’ve taken some time to reflect on 2020 and what a year it has been! It’s been filled with plenty of surprises and unexpected events but among all the challenges there have also been many things worth celebrating across our business and what we have enabled for our clients. Here are a few of the things that really stood out for us:
- We achieved the ISO 27001 certification, which demonstrates our commitment to information security across the design, development, provision and hosting our applications and services.
- We opened doors in Birmingham, adding to our offices in London, Singapore and Houston.
- We welcomed 70 new people to the Maritech team, helping us pave the way towards digital transformation in the shipping industry.
- We overhauled our notification system so Sea/ users could receive the notifications that really matter to them.
- We switched from a third-party API to our own in-house routing API to uphold and increase the strength of our offering.
- The number of users chatting on Sea/chat increased by 65%! We improved its integration, accessibility and navigation to make it easier for our users get the information they need, when they need it.
- Sea/calc rolled out a number of new features, including one to support the calculation of carbon emissions in line with IMO2020 regulations. More on that coming soon!
- Sea/net’s features continue to grow. We added historic weather; barges; map image export and destination mapping among others so our users could access more features in one place, to make their working day more efficient. Also a second AIS tracker was integrated to provide a low latency and more reliable experience.
- We worked hand-in-hand with our Sea/contract clients, optimising workflows and features – it’s been a record year for new roll outs! You can read more on our blog here. Our users now enjoy:
A streamlined approvals and signatures process
Efficiency when reviewing incremental revisions
Enhancements to the clause library
A brand-new checklist feature
- And last but certainly not least, in the offshore world…
Sea/trade was launched and is seeing strong growth
Sea/gateway offshore has seen increased usage with exclusive clients
And the development of Sea/response version 3 is well underway
As you can tell, it’s been an incredibly busy year and we couldn’t be more proud of what our team has achieved and the roster of clients that we are now working with. Keep your eyes peeled next year, our plans are underway, and we can guarantee 2021 will be a year for Sea/ like no other.